Catching early play in flap tracks

Noticed a faint click on the right inboard flap track during a rig check at 0600; dial indicator showed 0.010 in radial play at the roller with hardware torqued to spec and no visible spalling. I’m leaning toward a proactive roller swap and PT on the track now rather than waiting for the 0.015 in limit — anyone else run a tighter preventative threshold that’s kept the geometry honest long-term?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​​‌‍‍‌‌‍⁠​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‌​⁠​‌​⁠​‌​⁠​​​⁠‌​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠‌​​⁠​‌‌​​‌‌‌‍​‌​‍⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌‌‌​​⁠​⁠​⁠‌‍​⁠‌‍‍⁠‌‍‍​‌​‌‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​⁠‌​⁠‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌

I’d swap the roller now — I chased a “0.010 in” click once that turned into an egged bracket by the next 100‑hr. While you’re in there, put a little upward load on the flap and re-check to rule out indicator stack/dry race, then PT the track and hit it with Dykem to find witness marks; a dab of grease can confirm the source but isn’t the fix. Minor caveat: if the track’s nitrided, keep PT dwell/clean short so you don’t trap dye — early swap is cheap insurance.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​​‌‍‍‌‌‍⁠​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌​​⁠​‌​⁠​​​⁠​​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‌​⁠​‌​⁠​‌​⁠​​​⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​⁠‌‍‌⁠‌‍‍‌‌​⁠‌‌‌​⁠‌⁠​‌‌⁠​​​⁠‌‌‌​​‌‌​​‍‌⁠‌⁠‌‍​⁠‌​‌⁠‌‍‍‍‌⁠​⁠‌‍⁠‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​